Machilipatnam is known for its Kalamkari textiles and paintings made using vegetables dyes. As a kalam (pen) is used in the technique of painting, it was named "Kalamkari Painting". During the 17th Century, western traders were attracted by this port. with the development of port, there will be many industries which will create large employment leading to growth of the city and it's surroundings. With that the golden age of the past of the glorious city will be revived.
Why You Should choose Machlipatnam ?
1) The Bandar Port is being developed by MAYTAS with around 1200 crores
2) Special SEZ is being planned which when completed, will provide direct
employment to 10,000 people and indirect employment to another 10,000 people
3) NH-9 extends up to Machilipatnam is getting ready - a 4-lane highway- from Hyderabad to Vijayawada and from Vijayawada to Machilipatnam
4) Machilipatnam Sea port is already awarded to MAYTAS and work is
being planned to commence from Dec 2008.A grand opening by CM is being contemplated
5) Automobile cluster is coming close to Autonagar on NH-9
6) A 2000 MW thermal power plant is coming close to Bandar.
7) An expressway and a fast track rail service is being planned from Shamshabad to Bandar.
8) Industrial corridor just like the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor is being planned from Hyderbad to Vijayawada covering Nalgonda, Suryaraopet, Nandigam, Vijayawada and extending up to Machilipatnam.